Vital Media Network is looking for an experienced front-end designer to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be the UX and design of our continually-evolving BMX, motocross, and mountain biking
sites. Our three sites reach over 1 million unique visitors monthly. You will also be involved with a handful of other internal projects, such as t-shirt designs, sales kits, social media pages, etc.
• Extensive experience designing web interfaces
• Experience conceptualizing and designing complex web functionality
• Attention to detail, both in design and creation of specs documents
• Strong overall graphic design skills
• Experience designing for mobile devices
• Ability to quickly create/modify design prototypes in Photoshop/Illustrator
• Strong working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and modern web standards
• Experience optimizing front-end performance, both with new and legacy code
• Ability to ensure cross-browser and platform compatibility
• Basic knowledge of SEO concepts
• Good communication skills
• Must be resourceful and able to solve problems independently
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• Active participation in BMX, motocross, or mountain biking is a big plus
• Experience with large or technically complicated websites
• Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
• Flash development skills
• Experience with Git
The job is full-time and based in Irvine, California, near John Wayne Airport. We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and a 401k program.
About Vital Media Network:
We operate sites focusing on action sports such as BMX, motocross, and mountain biking. Our atmosphere is casual yet professional.
Please submit resume, salary history and requirements, and links to samples of your work to VitalMNJobs@gmail.com.